Assad Rajani focuses on IP litigation and counseling for a wide range of high-tech and life sciences clients. Mr. Rajani has litigated cases in federal district court, on appeal at the Federal Circuit, and before the US Patent Office. He has been involved in all phases of patent litigation, including pre-filing investigations, taking and defending depositions, drafting briefs on case dispositive issues, performing infringement and validity analyses, working with inventors and experts, and trial preparation. He has successfully represented clients in trials in the Eastern District of Texas and District of Massachusetts.
Mr. Rajani also counsels clients regarding the protection and enforcement of IP rights in government contracts and conducts IP due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Mr. Rajani represents clients in general commercial litigation matters. Mr. Rajani regularly serves as pro bono counsel in guardianship cases and in landlord-tenant disputes.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), 2007
- BA, Syracuse University, 2004, with honors (quadruple major)
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Member, Legal Aid Society - San Mateo