About the Firm
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer is a 1,000+ lawyer firm with sophisticated litigation and transactional capabilities, renowned regulatory experience and market-leading multidisciplinary practices in the life sciences and financial services industries. Client-driven and industry focused, our lawyers practice across more than 30 practice areas, including bankruptcy, corporate finance, intellectual property, litigation, real estate and tax, to help clients with complex needs stay ahead of the global market, anticipate opportunities and address issues that impact the very value of their businesses. Our global reach, experience and deep knowledge allow us to work across geographic, cultural, technological and ideological borders, to offer clients forward-looking, results-orients solutions that resolve their US, international and cross-border legal needs.
Who We Are
- 100 Years of combined business acumen with a practical forward-looking, results-driven approach
- 13 Offices in the US, Belgium, China, Germany, and the UK
- 176 Attorneys ranked in Chambers USA, Chambers UK, and Chambers Global in 2016
- 84 Attorneys who have held senior positions in US and European governments and international organizations
- 133 Fortune 250 companies have chosen Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer as outside counsel
What We Offer
- More than 1,000 lawyers with an unyielding commitment to excellence and professionalism
- Exceptional depth of talent across the litigation, regulatory, and transactional spectrum
- Leading multidisciplinary practices in the life sciences and financial services industries
- Among the broadest and deepest service offerings in the two key US legal markets of New York and Washington DC
- Broad reach across geographic, cultural, commercial, and ideological borders
- One of the world's leading pro bono programs, with our attorneys performing more than 100,000 hours of pro bono work in 2015
Rankings – Recognition Across a Broad Spectrum
- Law360 "Litigation Powerhouse" in 2016
- The National Law Journal's Appellate Hot List (2010, 2013-2016)
- The American Lawyer's "A-List" recognized the firm seven times since 2003
- Chambers USA ranked 121 attorneys as "Leading Individuals" in 2016
- Chambers UK 2017 ranked 16 attorneys as "leading"
- Chambers Global 2016 ranked 39 attorneys
- Chambers Latin America 2016 named the firm a leading law firm
- Global Competition Review "GCR Global Elite" list (2008-2017)
- FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" (2003-2010, 2013-2016)
- VAULT Guide's "Top 100 Law Firms" (2004-2017)
Diversity – A Core Value at Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
- "Corporate Equality Index" ranking by the Human Rights Campaign (2006, 2008-2017)
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association's "Thomas L. Sager Award" (1999-2000, 2002-2005, 2008, 2015)
- Yale Law Women's "Top 10 Family Friendly Law Firms" (2006-2016)
- Working Mother Magazine's "100 Best Companies" (1996-1997, 2001-2002, 2004-2016)
- The National Law Journal named an Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer attorney to its "Minority 40 Under 40" list in 2011, 2014, and 2015
- Lawyers of Color named an Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer attorney to its "Hot List" in 2014
Pro Bono – One of the world's leading law firm pro bono programs
- Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer attorneys performed 101,430 hours of pro bono work in 2015
- The American Lawyer's 2015 Pro Bono Report ranked the firm No. 1 internationally and No. 2 in the US
- Law360's "Pro Bono Firms of 2016"
- Legal Aid Society of New York's Pro Bono Publico and Public Service Law Firm Award in 2016
- Obtained formal name changes for 17 transgender individuals in 2015
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) 2016 Vision Award
- 800 hours devoted to death penalty appeals in Georgia and Alabama in 2015
We provide the full breadth of legal resources to represent all of our clients' interests. Through interdisciplinary collaboration and specialized experience in our clients' industries, we offer truly innovative and effective solutions that align with both clients' short- and long-term business objectives.For those clients who cannot afford legal counsel, we maintain a broad and meaningful pro bono practice. Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer is one of a small number of firms whose attorneys consistently average more than 100 hours per year of pro bono work. With a lengthy record of excellence, we remain committed to the community at large. In all of our work, we stay true to our core values. We maintain a diverse workplace, a collegial work environment, and an unyielding commitment to inclusiveness.
We set our standards high, expect the best from our attorneys, and return top-tier work on behalf of our clients. Our tradition of excellence is distinguished, and our attorneys are widely respected in the US and abroad. Our attorneys are leaders in their fields, speak frequently throughout the world on the firm's core practice areas, and are published widely in legal journals, industry and mass media, and "hot topic" books.
Our team is not only comprised of top lawyers from America and Europe's best colleges and law schools, but of doctors, biologists, chemists, public policy professionals, and former high-ranking officials from the US government. In fact, more than 80 of our partners have served in positions in the US government, from the Federal Trade Commission to the Department of Justice to the US Congress. Their insider perspectives are integral to understanding the legal and policy frameworks in which complex business and legal issues arise, and how best to structure transactions and overcome litigation and regulatory challenges.