Tyler Nurnberg heads the firm’s Chicago office. His practice focuses on advising clients in bankruptcies and out-of-court restructurings throughout the US and in cross-border insolvencies. He advises hedge funds, private equity funds and other investors acquiring or investing in distressed businesses. He represents sponsors recapitalizing or selling distressed portfolio companies. He counsels boards of directors on corporate governance and fiduciary issues. He also represents clients in a variety of commercial disputes and litigation.
Mr. Nurnberg is consistently recognized as a leading practitioner in “Bankruptcy & Restructuring” by Chambers USA, where he was described recently as an advisor who “cuts to the chase, sees the big picture and can get a lot of different parties with competing interests on the same page. He’s very good at building consensus and seeing through all of the noise and dust to find the common ground.” He is licensed to practice in Illinois and New York.
- Liberty Tire in its out-of-court restructuring. Liberty is the premier provider of tire recycling services in the US and Canada. The M&A Advisor selected Liberty Tire as its Out-of-Court Restructuring Deal of 2015 (under $500 millions).
- 4Kids Entertainment in Chapter 11. 4Kids managed licensing, broadcast and merchandising rights to children's titles. The contested case was recognized as one of the most Successful Restructurings of 2012 by Turnarounds & Workouts. (SDNY)
- JHT Holdings, a national truck delivery service based in Pleasant Prairie, WI, in Chapter 11. Contested plan of reorganization was confirmed in 120 days (Del).
- PDM Bridge a fabricator of steel components for bridges, in its out-of-court restructuring. The business was sold to a distressed investor in a debt transaction.
- GSC Group in Chapter 11. GSC managed private equity, mezzanine loan, and distressed funds and CLOs and at its peak had $28 billion AUM. The assets were sold in a three-day auction completed under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code. (SDNY)
- MAAX Corp., a bath fixture manufacturer, in its restructuring in Canada (CCAA) and the US (Chapter 15) (Del). The assets were sold to a private investment firm.
- Employbridge, a national provider of staffing solutions based in Atlanta, GA, in its out-of-court restructuring. The business was sold to private equity firm.
- Muvico Theaters, a national chain of luxury movie theaters based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, in its out-of-court restructuring. The business was sold to a private equity firm.
- JD, Northwestern University, 1994
- BS, Finance, University of Illinois, 1991,
with high honors
- New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- US District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, N.D. Illinois