Tyler Nurnberg represents distressed companies, sponsors, agents, steering groups, lenders and investment funds in restructurings throughout the US and in cross-border insolvencies, including court-supervised proceedings and out-of-court transactions.
- Liberty Tire in its out-of-court restructuring. Liberty is a provider of tire recycling services in the US and Canada. The M&A Advisor selected Liberty Tire as its Out-of-Court Restructuring Deal of 2015 (under $500 millions).
- 4Kids in Chapter 11 (SDNY). 4Kids managed licensing, broadcast and merchandising rights to children's titles. The case was recognized as one of the most Successful Restructurings of 2012 by Turnarounds & Workouts.
- Global hedge fund in connection with distressed debt investment in privatized underground parking garages on Chicago's lakefront. The lenders took possession and the hedge fund became the largest holder of debt and equity.
- Agent for lenders in "secured party" sale of 560-condo development in Washington, DC. Sale was done through a "prepack" plan confirmed in 60 days (Del).
- Agent and lenders in sale of two commercial buildings in Manhattan for $180 million. Contested sale was completed through "prepack" plan done in 75 days (Del).
- Administrative agent to the senior lenders to Targus International, in connection with a successful foreclosure transaction that transferred ownership to the lender group.
- Largest lender in Chapter 11 filed by Ames Taping Tools, national building supplier based in Atlanta, GA. The lenders purchased the business in 363 sale (Del).
- Lender in restructuring of Capmark, originator and servicer of commercial real estate loans. Client was largest lender in syndicate owed $5.5 billion (Del.).
- JHT Holdings, a national truck delivery service based in Pleasant Prairie, WI, in its Chapter 11. Contested plan of reorganization was confirmed in 120 days (Del).
- PDM Bridge in its out-of-court transaction. PDM fabricated steel components for bridges and was based in IL, WI and FLA. The assets were sold to a private equity firm.
- GSC Group in Chapter 11. GSC managed private equity, mezzanine loan, and distressed funds and CLOs/CDOs and at its peak had $28 billion under management (SDNY).
- Employbridge, a national provider of staffing solutions based in Atlanta, GA, in its successful out-of-court restructuring. The business was sold to private equity firm.
- Sorema, an Italian company, in connection with its distressed investment inPerpetual Recycling Solutions. Perpetual operates a recycling facility in Indiana.
- Global private investment firm's grocery store platform in proposed buyout of Bashas, a 120-store grocery chain in Chapter 11 (D. Ariz.).
- MAAX Corp., a bath fixture manufacturer, in its restructuring in Canada (CCAA) and the US (Chapter 15), wherein the assets were sold to a private equity firm (Del.).
- Muvico Theaters, national chain of luxury movie theaters based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, in out-of-court restructuring and sale to a private equity firm.
- Chapter 11 plan administrator in Refco, Inc. (SDNY).
- SEC-appointed trustee in successful wind-down and related litigation involving InterBank Funds, a group of failed investment funds in Washington, DC (SDNY).
- Global private investment firm in acquisition through Chapter 11 of tier one auto suppliers Colfor Mfg. and Colmach Mfg (N.D. Ohio).
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law, 1994
- BS, Finance, University of Illinois, 1991
- New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- US District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- United States Bankruptcy Court, N.D. Illinois