John D. Geelan’s practice concentrates in representing clients in matters relating to all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including with respect to restrictive covenants, executive compensation, wage and hour issues, workplace misconduct, trade secrets and employment discrimination. Mr. Geelan has represented clients in complex litigations involving allegations of breaches of fiduciary duty, violations of wage and hour laws, theft of trade secrets and discriminatory employment practices.
Mr. Geelan has counseled companies on employment matters arising during business transactions, including strategies to retain key executives. He also counsels growth stage companies on a host of legal matters, including formation, capital raising, financings and compensation matters.
- Major financial services institution in ongoing commercial and employment matters.
- International pharmaceutical company concerning compliance with employment laws.
- Global spirits company in numerous commercial matters, including joint venture agreements and intellectual property disputes.
- Private aviation company in ongoing transactional, commercial and employment matters.
- Integrated energy company in employment matters.
- National health and fitness company on numerous commercial matters.
- Food and wellness company in various commercial matters, including transactions and trademark issues.
- Multinational electronics manufacturing services company in employee and union litigation matters arising from reductions in force.
- Officers and directors of public companies, including against claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation in connection with companies missing targets and filing bankruptcy.
- Private investment firm and international banking and financial services holding company on labor, employment and ERISA issues associated with the operation of an acquired hotel.
- Publishing subsidiary of a multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate against allegations of discrimination and violation of Title VII.
- JD, American University Washington College of Law, 1990, cum laude, Dean's Fellow, Moot Court
- BA, University of Notre Dame, 1986
- New York
- US District Court, Central District of California
Member, Bar Association Of the City Of New York