Justin Hedge's practice spans the full range of antitrust matters including mergers and acquisitions, criminal and civil investigations, litigation, compliance, and day-to-day counseling. He regularly represents clients in matters before the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission and he has significant experience assisting clients through the US and foreign antitrust clearance process for transactions. Mr. Hedge's practice also includes defense of price fixing, monopolization, and other antitrust claims in private litigation.
Mr. Hedge has represented clients in a wide range of industries including telecommunications, semiconductors, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, agriculture, food service, forest products, entertainment, chemicals, automotive parts, private equity, and financial services.
Mr. Hedge is active in the Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association and currently serves in the leadership of the Section as a Vice-Chair on the Unilateral Conduct Committee.
Mr. Hedge also maintains an active pro bono docket in the DC and Virginia state courts, including first-chair trial matters. Prior to joining the firm, he interned as a law clerk for Judge Reggie B. Walton of the US District Court for the District of Columbia and Judge Patricia A. Broderick of the Superior Court for the District of Columbia.
- Boston Scientific Corporation in its $435 million acquisition of Symetis, a Swiss structural heart company focused on minimally-invasive transcatheter aortic valve implantation devices.
- AMC Entertainment Inc. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) in its $640 million joint venture with SK Global Chemicals for the manufacture of high-performance polyethylene products.
- General Electric Co. in its $1.775 billion acquisition of Milestone Aviation Group, a Dublin-based helicopter lessor.
- Unilever in connection with its $3.7 billion acquisition of Alberto Culvers' hair care business investigated by DOJ.
- Intel Corp. in connection with its $7.68 billion purchase of security software firm McAfee. Transaction cleared in the US by the FTC without a second request and with Phase I commitments in the European Union.
- AMC Entertainment, Inc. in its $172 million acquisition of the Starplex Cinemas.
- General Electric Co. and NBC Universal in connection with the formation of the Comcast-NBCU joint venture investigated by DOJ, FCC, and various state attorneys general.
- JD, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2007, cum laude
- BA, Colby College, 2003, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia