Gemma Gibbs focuses her practice on non-contentious intellectual property (IP) and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) matters, in particular advising on the IP/IT aspects of commercial transactions, drafting and negotiating agreements and advising on related issues such as data protection, advertising, e-commerce and freedom of information. Ms. Gibbs acts for clients across a range of sectors and industries, including pharmaceutical, media, technology and retail.
Ms. Gibbs also regularly advises clients in the pharmaceutical sector on public procurement matters, in particular complaints regarding therapeutic tenders.
In addition to her work in private practice, Ms. Gibbs has spent time on secondment to the UK affiliate of a German pharmaceutical company, where she helped design the company's data protection compliance programme, and most recently to GlaxoSmithKline, where she supported the UK pharmaceutical business on a range of matters, including negotiating and drafting distribution agreements and advising on public contracts, data protection issues and freedom of information.
- Auven Therapeutics, a global private equity company – advising on the sale of its portfolio company, Spirogen Sàrl, to MedImmune.
- MedImmune and ADC Therapeutics – advising and drafting the licensing agreements relating to their collaboration to jointly develop several of ADC Therapeutics' antibody-drug conjugate programmes.
- Largest US bookseller – assisting with the European roll-out of their consumer electronic devices and related digital content.
- US electric car manufacturer – advising on its European data protection compliance programme and issues relating to manufacturers' warranties.
- The Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore – advising on EU/UK data protection law and assisting with the drafting of their national data protection legislation.
- International consortium of content and entertainment goods providers – advising on the international roll-out of a cloud-based licensing system for digital content.
- Multinational pharmaceutical and biologics company – assisting with a strategic review of their medical device business, covering a wide range of practice areas including regulatory, antitrust, real estate, employment, pensions and corporate advice.
- Global tobacco manufacturer – assisting with its brand protection, including coordination of several worldwide cancellation proceedings.
Chapter 1-06 Licensing, Food and Drug Law Institute
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law (London), 2009, with distinction
- Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law (London), 2008, with distinction
- BA (Hons), History, University of Nottingham, First Class Honours
- England and Wales