Amy Davenport works with clients to help them understand and navigate the complexities of the federal government to ensure that they achieve their public policy goals and objectives. She advocates on a range of legislative and regulatory matters related to education, technology, and trade policy issues. In helping clients engage on Capitol Hill and within the Executive Branch, Ms. Davenport develops and implements strategic plans that seek to influence policymakers to solve her clients’ challenges and secure key opportunities to benefit their businesses. She also provides policy guidance on the impact of federal policies and legislation on her clients’ work.
Ms. Davenport serves as the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for the DC Alliance of Youth Advocates (DCAYA), a coalition of more than a hundred youth-serving nonprofit organizations. She advises the organization on its advocacy efforts to support the local youth population in Washington, DC.
- Association of universities in restoring millions of dollars in federal funding for a major NASA research project after it was at risk of being shut down during two appropriations cycles.
- Local government in securing millions of dollars in funding through the appropriations process to build a federal courthouse in the city.
- Education technology company in advocating for legislation regarding online identity verification that was introduced in the House.
- Higher Education Coalition in coordinating a large-scale lobbying day for more than 200 participants to advocate for higher education-related issues.
- BA, Miami University of Ohio
- *Not admitted to the practice of law
Board of Directors, DC Alliance of Youth Advocates (DCAYA)