We strive to offer our attorneys and employees a flexible and comfortable work environment so that they may balance the demands of their careers with their personal interests and obligations. Some examples of things we do to promote a comfortable environment for everyone.
- To help parents balance work and family, we have a National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredited Children's Center in our Washington, DC office for up to 62 children. We have emergency back-up care in all of our domestic offices. Employees are eligible for up to 15 days of care. Priority access is also available in all our domestic offices at select centers.
- Approximately 10 percent of our attorneys and staff work on a reduced-hours arrangement. Our part-time policy allows attorneys and staff who work at least 20 hours per week to qualify for health and welfare benefits. This schedule is provided as an option to help our employees balance their work and home lives, while still maintaining benefits. We have three Part-Time Advisors to associates. We have part-time advisors for lawyers who are considering or are currently working part-time.
- We offer flex-time and compressed work schedules so that employees can stagger or adjust their work schedule. Some of our employees also work part-time schedules with shorter work days to allow them to get home early.
- Our generous paid leave policy includes 18 weeks of paid Primary Caregiver Leave, and six weeks of paid Secondary Caregiver Leave for the birth or adoption of a child. This leave applies equally to attorneys and staff members, regardless of tenure with our firm. Associates may use unpaid leave to extend their time away from the firm for up to one year. In addition, we provide a $10,000 contribution toward the cost of an adoption with no lifetime maximum benefit, and our insurance coverage currently includes fertility treatments with a benefit up to $30,000. To assist those who need to take leave to care for a seriously ill family member, we will provide up to six weeks of paid Critical Caregiver Leave.
- Domestic partners and their children are eligible for coverage under our medical, dental, vision, and dependent life insurance programs.
- Our "Healthy Incentive Program" provides a monetary incentive for our employees to stay fit and healthy. To promote this effort, we also feature an annual Health Awareness Day. The firm also offers a variety of health and fitness benefits that are free-of-charge to all employees. For example, the Denver and Washington, DC offices have access to on-site athletic facilities and the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices hold weekly yoga classes.
- Throughout our organization, we host a variety of family-friendly functions including "Take Your Daughters & Sons to Work Day," a summer picnic, a July 4th celebration, a Halloween parade, and a children's art show.