Julie du Pont focuses on mass tort pharmaceutical product liability litigation as well as complex commercial litigation and government investigations. Ms. du Pont has extensive state and federal court experience representing major US and international corporations and individual clients in all phases of the litigation process, including motion practice, discovery, trial preparation and trial, and settlement and appeals. Ms. du Pont has substantial experience representing pharmaceutical companies, including Pfizer, Novartis, Bayer, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Boston Scientific and AstraZeneca, in product liability lawsuits involving both prescription drugs and medical devices.
Ms. du Pont has extensive experience in expert and science related work and a focus of her practice is developing and rebutting expert medical and scientific evidence, and litigating the admissibility of expert opinion testimony.
Prior to rejoining the firm in 2015, Ms. du Pont served as a consulting attorney to the legal department of Boehringer Ingelheim, where she oversaw litigation, most notably the Pradaxa MDL litigation, and was an integral team member working on an international initiative related to eDiscovery, Data Privacy and Information Governance.
Ms. du Pont is committed to the firm's pro bono program and has worked with clients on a variety of matters, including orders of protection, divorce and social security benefits.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals in coordinating both bellwether selection and case work-ups as well as the expert and science defense for the TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) multidistrict litigation.
- Pfizer Inc. in leading case work up for case set for trial, alleging injuries from its prescription anti-depressant medication, Zoloft.
- Bayer Corporation in coordinating both bellwether selection and case work-ups, taking key fact deposition in first trial set case, and coordinating expert and science defense for the In re Xarelto multidistrict litigation; coordination of the expert and science defense in a case alleging injuries from its prescription oral contraceptive, Yasmin.
- Hormone therapy (HT) products in the coordination of the expert and science teams defending claims relating to HT; presented on the "State of the Science" in federal court, assisted in the preparation of expert witnesses for several Daubert/Frye hearings; helped develop the expert defense to secure several defense verdicts, most notably in Moss, et al. v. Wyeth, Inc., et al. (D. Conn. May 2012) and Wilson v. Wyeth, et al. (E. D. Ark. Oct 2010).
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law, 2001, cum laude
- BA, Brown University, 1997, with honors
- New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Western District of New York
- Member, Product Liability Committee, New York City Bar