Asghar to Speak at Prominent Middle East Airfinance Conference
New York-based Aviation Finance & Leasing associate Zafar Asghar spoke on the "New Players in the Region" panel at the 14th annual Middle East Airfinance Conference in Dubai on October 5, 2016. The panel addressed the following questions:
- Who are the new/emerging players in the region?
- How much potential does Iran have in opening up as a market for aircraft finance?
- What are the main legal obstacles for lessors and banks looking to do business in Iran?
- What opportunities are new players creating for those involved in the aviation market?
- What funding challenges will these new players face?
The three-day conference continues to be the prominent aircraft financing event in the Middle East and North Africa region and features key executives from financial institutions, airlines, leasing companies, and other industry professionals from the region and around the world. It is promoted by the Airfinance Journal, the leading financial magazine supporting and informing the commercial aviation industry.
Airfinance Journal's 2016 Legal Survey recently recognized the firm as a global market leader in aviation finance and leasing, ranking the firm seventh overall for aviation transactional experience.