“Sick and Fired!—What Are Employers
Allowed to Do?” Seminar
Kaye Scholer’s Frankfurt office will be hosting a breakfast seminar addressing the following questions relating to employer options when dealing with frequently sick employees:
- Which actions may an employer take if an employee is frequently sick for consecutive days?
- What are other considerations regarding long-term illness?
- How many days of sick leave have to be borne?
- How can a decision of termination due to sickness be socially justifiable?
- Under which circumstances is an employer allowed and able to ask for details about a forecast of the employee’s sickness and recovery?
A team of Kaye Scholer Labor & Employment lawyers will answer these and other questions, as well as explain measures of operational reintegration after an employee’s long-term sickness that have to be taken before termination of an employment. Our attorneys will also be available for continued discussion after the session.