Maier to Speak at Second Annual FCC Boot Camp
Washington DC-based National Security partner Mark Maier will speak at the ACI’s second annual FCC Boot Camp being held June 27-29 in San Francisco. Designed with input and insights from the leading regulatory attorneys in the telecom space, the boot camp will provide industry participants with a strong working knowledge of core FCC competencies, including net neutrality, Incentive Auctions and privacy, as well as with stellar networking opportunities.
As one of the esteemed faculty of former FCC lawyers and top telecommunications attorney assembled to train participants on navigating FCC regulations, Maier will cover the following topics:
- The FCC’s organization, jurisdiction, functions and operations
- The essentials of the approval process for emerging technologies
- Wireless infrastructure that complies with federal, state and local requirements
- Rules for the upcoming Incentive Auction
- The scope of FCC enforcement authority
- The expansion of the Universal Service Fund
- Compliance with the rules surrounding developing telecom business in Cuba
- The future of set-top boxes given the FCC’s proposals to encourage competition
- FCC fines or penalties and how to rebut them
- Network neutrality rules and their impact given the current legal, regulatory, political and business back drop
A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.