Kaye Scholer Lawyers Participate in CLE Webinar on “Risk Management for In-House Counsel”
Practising Law Institute will host a CLE webinar on “Risk Management for In-House Counsel” on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 from 1-2 pm (EST). The panel will be moderated by Partner Greg Wallance and feature Partners Amy Conway-Hatcher, Diane Holt Frankle and Z Scott alongside Juliette W. Pryor, EVP, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for US Foods, Inc. Research and assistance in developing the seminar was provided by Kaye Scholer Associate Ori Blum.
In recent years, in-house counsel simultaneously have assumed greater responsibility for corporate risk management even as law enforcement agencies have focused increasingly on holding in-house counsel responsible for corporate risk management failures. This one-hour briefing explores the challenges faced by in-house legal departments in managing these new responsibilities and risks. The topics include:
- New theories of in-house counsel liability
- Special risks to in-house counsel in managing internal investigations
- Lessons learned from DOJ criminal prosecutions of in-house counsel (Computer Associates, GlaxoSmithKline, others)
- Special problems in robust risk management including the need for strong compliance programs, as well as training and advising the board on risk issues
- The crisis management minefield