Zhe (Kevin) Yu focuses on both inbound and outbound mergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investment, joint ventures, technology licensing arrangements, strategic alliance projects, corporate restructurings, and employment. Mr. Yu has advised public and private multinationals, Chinese state-owned companies and listed companies, and private equity funds on cross border transactions, and structuring their operations in China. He serves clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, consumer products, chemicals, life science, pharmaceuticals, education, and hospitality.
Mr. Yu is a native speaker of Mandarin and is fluent in English.
- S.C. Johnson & Son in the acquisition of a super-majority stake in Jiangsu Tongda Co., Ltd., one of China's leading manufacturers and distributors of pest control products, air fresheners, disinfectants and household cleaners, and subsequent buyout of minority shareholders.
- Hyatt in establishing its wholly foreign-owned company in Beijing and advising on many other hospitality projects and the development of strategies to expand Hyatt's business and operations in China.
- Onex Corporation in its acquisition of Eastman Kodak Company's Health Care Group, renamed Carestream Health, Inc. for US$2.35 billion, and the following recapitalization and restructuring.
- Valmet Paper, a Finnish public company, in multiple M&A, restructuring and joint venture transactions.
- Indochino, one of the largest made-to-measure menswear brands on the market, in a unique investment and strategic alliance transaction with Dayang Group, the largest men's suits maker and exporter in China.
- Metso Automation in the sale of its entire 50% equity interest in Shanghai Neles-Jamesbury Valve Co., Ltd. to its joint venture partner, Shanghai Electric International Economic & Trade Co., Ltd.
- OSI Group in several transactions in China.
- China Electronics Technology Avionics in its joint venture with Rockwell Collins, and subsequent recapitalization.
- Owens Corning in its technology licensing and manufacturing supply arrangements with several Chinese manufacturers.
- Zhejiang Yinlun in its acquisition of Thermal Dynamics LLC, a leading heat exchange manufacturer in the US.
- LLM, Harvard Law School
- LLB, LLM, East China University of Political Science and Law
- LLM, University of Ghent, Belgium
- New York
- Vice President, China Business Lawyers Association
- Chinese (Mandarin)