Dr. David von Saucken focuses on advising funds, corporates, or lenders on investing in or restructuring debt or equity in special situations. His experience includes real estate financing (including CMBS restructuring or refinancing and multilayered loan workouts). He also counsels on debt and private equity investments in performing situations.
Dr. von Saucken also has ample experience in advising funds and investment banks in corporate special situations both in Europe and Emerging Markets.
- International real estate business originating in the Benelux in respect of the restructuring of a €150 million Mezzanine loan.
- Special servicer in the work-out of the Dawnay Day sponsored Karstadt Kompakt property portfolio.
- Group of banks and a securitized lender in the work-out of a residential mortgage portfolio in excess of €1 billion through offshore receivership.
- European bank in relation to the restructuring of an investment in the structured debt issued to finance a Tokyo landmark office tower.
- Major creditor in the restructuring of Vivacon AG, a German-listed company specializing in ground lease securitization.
- Majority mezzanine lenders holding €750 million of debt to Highstreet, a vehicle owning some of Germany's largest department stores.
- University of Heidelberg
- University of Oxford
- Freie Universität Berlin
- England and Wales
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.