Matthew Riordan concentrates on surrogate court matters. As a regular part of his practice, Mr. Riordan handles will contests, construction proceedings, contested accountings, trust litigation, and other trust- and estate-related litigation matters. Mr. Riordan has also handled a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters in both New York State court and the federal courts. His experience includes all phases of litigation, including trials and appeals.
Before attending law school, Mr. Riordan served at the White House, where he worked in the White House Office on Environmental Policy as a Special Assistant for Political Affairs. Mr. Riordan spent the summer after his first year of law school working in Australia for a member of the Australian Parliament. Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. Riordan spent time working as a commercial fisherman in Alaska.
Admitted to practice in New York in 1999, Mr. Riordan is also admitted to practice in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and the District of Columbia.
- JD, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 1998
- BA, English, Tufts University, 1992
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Rhode Island
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, New York State Bar Association