Nicholas O'Keefe has more than 20 years of corporate law and M&A experience, with an emphasis on buy-side and sell-side work and takeover defense, including domestic and cross-border deals. His clients include strategics, private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds and financial advisors. He has completed more than 50 publicly announced deals ranging in value from a few million dollars to several billion dollars. Mr. O'Keefe also advises emerging growth and mature issuer clients with respect to general corporate work, corporate governance matters, federal and state securities law matters and securities transactions.
Mr. O'Keefe has worked extensively with public and private companies in the health care, life sciences, medical device, fintech, technology, media and telecommunications industries, among others. He has also represented several venture capital and private equity funds making investments, acquisitions and dispositions in these industries.
Mr. O'Keefe also has a deep understanding of emerging markets, having spent three years working in the Middle East. His practice in the Middle East included regional and cross-border deals involving Middle East private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds and regional and US issuers investing in the Middle East.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the US$5.6 billion cash/stock acquisition of ATI Technologies, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in the simultaneous acquisitions of a public company and a private company in the healthcare technology services industries.
- KKR and Silver Lake in the US$2.7 billion LBO acquisition of the semi-conductor products group of Agilent Technologies Inc. to create Avago Technologies Limited.
- Kyphon Inc. in several acquisitions and investments, and simultaneous US$4 billion sale of company to Medtronic, Inc. and FTC-mandated divestiture.
- Micrel, Inc. in a proxy fight with a hedge fund activist
- Scios, Inc. in the US$2.4 billion cash sale of company to Johnson & Johnson.
- Steering Committee in the merger of Qatar Navigation and Qatar Shipping, the first merger of two companies on the Qatar Stock Exchange.
- Veeva Systems Inc. in the cash acquisition of Zinc Ahead, a UK company and leading provider of content management solutions for life sciences companies, for approximately US$130 million.
- Xilinx, Inc. with regard to strategic transactions.
- Yahoo, Inc. in the acquisition of a Middle Eastern company.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1995
- BSc, University of Exeter, 1987
- New York