Mark J. Maier applies his US Army, electrical engineering, and business background to improving national security through government contracts, critical infrastructure, international trade, and law enforcement. He is a certified CIPP/US, COR and MCSE, and concentrates on:
- Negotiating government contracts, bid protests, and settling disputes.
- Commercial transactions for telecommunications, energy, and technology.
- Regulatory compliance with FCC, FOCI mitigation, DSS/NISPOM, CFIUS, ITAR, EAR, and OFAC.
- Counseling on NSL, FISA, CALEA, and related counterterrorism law enforcement activities.
- Investigating and mitigating liabilities from terror, insider, and cyber threats.
Mr. Maier is also a colonel in the US Army Reserves and the US Army's emergency preparedness officer for Maryland. Previously, Mr. Maier was a tactical battalion commander, JSOC's TF J6 responsible for all C5ISR assets and served in Iraq, Afghanistan, Europe, special operations, intelligence, and conventional units. He has substantial experience with IC platforms as a member of a SMU and SAPs. Bronze Star. SERE Level C high risk training. Airborne paratrooper.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Maier was an electrical engineer and international business executive where he started a consulting business in Boston, provided regional expertise in Australia, harmonized US products in Denmark, and managed telecommunication QA teams across Europe.
- Electricity and Gas Utility in the negotiation of a 50 year electricity and gas utility privatization contracts including creating new provisions with DLA governing system disposition and clawing back post-termination costs due to a BRAC closure.
- Classified Government Contractor in the successful intervention in opposition to a protest of a TS/SCI data exploitation contract and prevented additional awardees, reconsideration, and any other corrective action.
- Multiple National and Regional Electricity Services Providers in the negotiation for the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of geothermal, bio steam, solar and wind energy to the US Government under Marine Corp energy savings performance contracts (ESPC), Army multiple award task order contracts (MATOC), Navy power purchase agreements (PPA) and GSA area-wide contracts.
- Energy Grid Operator in the counseling of energy resiliency, microgrids, security enclaves and proximity based threat prioritization
- Benefits Provider in the unwinding of a business purchase due to a denial of the novation request, including transferring employees, intellectual property, assigned contracts, ongoing business and capital assets.
- Smart Phone Manufacturer in the successful protest of a DHS sole source purchase of smart phones. We also obtained the inclusion of the client manufacture back into competitive consideration.
- Nuclear, Geothermal, Biothermal and Offshore Wind Companies in the contracting with the DOE’s national labs to conduct research and development under agreements for commercializing technology (ACT), cooperative research and development agreements (CRADA), works for others (WFO) agreements and assistance agreements (AA).
- Classified Government Contractor in the assessments, valuations, diligence, subcontractor disputes, alliance formation and development of market strategies for the provision of operational support and training services.
Change 2 at ABA Webinar
- JD, Suffolk University Law School, 2000, magna cum laude, with distinction in High Technology Law, Dean's List
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1987, Dean's List, 4-year Army ROTC Scholarship
- District of Columbia
- Colonel, US Army