Elan Keller advises clients on a broad range of tax matters, including tax efficient structuring with respect to cross-border and domestic M&A transactions, the US aspects of inbound and outbound operations, multi-jurisdictional corporate transactions, including restructuring, reorganizations and distributions, transfer pricing, capital markets and structured finance transactions, infrastructure and leasing transactions, and oil, gas, and natural resource transactions. He also advises clients on matters relating to tax audit management, including the representation of clients involved in IRS audits and external financial statement audits, and tax audit planning.
In addition, Mr. Keller has significant in-house and corporate leadership experience, managing diverse structural and transaction-based initiatives from a tax perspective.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Keller was the former Managing Director and Tax Director of Macquarie Holdings (USA) Inc. During his tenure at Macquarie, Mr. Keller established and managed the tax legal and tax reporting functions with oversight of more than twenty CPAs and tax lawyers.
In addition, he managed the development and implementation of multi-jurisdictional tax efficient structures across various operating groups and developed a tax risk management framework.
- Veeva Systems Inc. in the cash acquisition of Zinc Ahead, a leading provider of content management solutions for life sciences companies, for approximately US$130 million.
- Macquarie Energy in connection with acquisition of Constellation Energy's downstream natural gas trading operations.
- Macquarie Capital in connection with acquisition of Fox Pitt-Kelton Cochran Caronia Waller and Giuliani Capital Advisors LLC.
- Macquarie in connection with acquisition of CIT Systems Leasing, Globalis Investments and Four Corners Capital Management.
- US and foreign business in the corporate inversion, integration, and out-from-under planning in connection with its merger.
- Foreign commodities trading business in the inbound transfer of its US branch assets into a US consolidated group.
- US commodities trading business in its outbound restructure to the Bahamas, including an analysis of improving post-restructured business operations and subsequent IRS audit representation.
- Investment manager in its US business outbound restructure of an investment manager's US business to the USVI.
- Non-USRPHC ("Controlled") spin-off by a USRPH ("Distributing") to its foreign parent ("Foreign Distributee").
- Two commonly owned US consolidated tax groups of a foreign retail and luxury goods business in the combination and consolidation to preserve and utilize tax attributes including NOLs.
- Buyer in an acquisition of a luxury goods business, including tax due diligence, post-acquisition restructuring, and integration planning.
- LLM, Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1999
- JD, Syracuse University College of Law, 1998,
- BS, University of Delaware, 1994, with honors
- New York
- District of Columbia