David Gerber's practice focuses on cross-border and domestic buy-outs and disposals/exits, joint ventures, and complex restructurings. As a member of the firm's private equity team, Mr. Gerber has particular experience in international mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions, and has acted for several leading institutions with particular focus on the mid- and upper mid-market.
- Acuity Investments on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Tower Leasing Limited, a leading equipment finance broker in the UK.
- Bank of Scotland Integrated Finance on several transactions, including (i) the acquisition of the Red Funnel Group, a ferry company operator and (ii) the acquisition of the Martin McColl Retail Group, owner of the UK’s largest chain of managed convenience and newsagent stores.
- Bregal Capital on several transactions, including (i) the acquisition of Ideal Stelrad, the UK based manufacturer of boilers and radiators, (ii).the disposal of Mirror Controls International (MCi) to Egeria (selected by Buyouts Magazine as 2012 “European Deal of the Year”), (iii) the recommended acquisition by Canopius Group Limited of Omega Insurance Holdings Limited and (iv) the acquisition and subsequent reorganization of the FiveTen Group.
- Caird Capital on the reorganization of Polypipe.
- DFJ Esprit on its co-investment with Carlyle in Graze, a UK online food delivery business.
- DTI Capital on the management buy-out of WTG, a specialist provider of Secure Information Systems, operating principally in the Justice and National Security sectors.
- Management on the buy-out of EAT, the UK café chain.
- HiG Capital on the acquisition of Synseal, a UK-based supplier of PVC-U windows, doors and conservatories.
- Impala Energy (previously operating as Power54) on its joint venture with a major family office and Pegasus Advisors.
- Joule Africa on its equity financing in connection with proposed infrastructure projects in Africa.
- Kraft Foods on the sale of its salted snacks businesses in several European jurisdictions to Herkules Capital.
- Merrill Lynch on the sale of Pinnacle Real Estate to Arcapita.
- Montagu on the sale to ABN Amro of Strix, a manufacturer of controls and cordless interfaces for kettles, jugs and other water boiling appliances.
- Platinum Equity on several proposed acquisitions.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment on the sale of its investment in Shine, the UK based TV production company, to News Corporation.
- BCL, University of Oxford, 1999
- LLB (First Class Honours), Glasgow University, 1998
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, England