Jeffrey A. Fuisz focuses on complex commercial disputes, securities litigation, and bankruptcy-related matters. He serves as lead counsel in jury and bench trials in both state and federal courts incorporating the latest technological tools to analyze evidence and present it so that judges and juries quickly make sense of the most salient points in complex disputes.
Representing clients in complex proceedings across the commercial landscape, Mr. Fuisz regularly defends corporations against fraud allegations and argues on behalf of his clients for the enforcement of contract rights.
Mr. Fuisz has extensive experience representing financial institutions and major corporations in cases involving US and international markets and matters arising from corporate acquisitions and restructurings.
Building on his technological acumen, Mr. Fuisz leads the firm's e-discovery advisory team, which offers clients innovative and real-world solutions on managing e-discovery effectively, efficiently and with minimum disruption to their business function. He has advised clients on how to implement major new technologies in a legally defensible manner and consults clients on developing practices and protocols to deal with institutional e-discovery issues.
Mr. Fuisz is a member of the firm's Management Committee and is active in the firm's pro bono Death Penalty Appeals practice representing death row inmates in post-conviction proceedings.
- DeVry Education Group, Inc. and certain officers in a securities class action arising out of a Federal Trade Commission claim concerning DeVry's advertisements.
- A leading investment bank in connection with RMBS and mortgage-related litigation in federal courts across the country.
- Spirit AeroSystems Holdings, Inc. and certain officers in securing dismissal of securities fraud claims arising out of a US$590 million accounting charge affirmed on appeal.
- Term Loan Lenders in the In re Paragon Offshore PLC bankruptcy, successfully opposing confirmation of the debtors’ restructuring plan.
- Celestica Inc. and its former CEO and CFO in a consolidated securities class action.
- Patrolmen's Benevolent Association in their ongoing labor arbitrations against the City of New York.
- Director of National Envelope Corporation in securing dismissal of an action alleging breach of fiduciary duty in connection with a proposed restructuring of the company, which was unanimously affirmed on appeal.
- Emergency Medical Services Corporation (EMSC) et al., in the successful dismissal of eleven shareholder class actions against the client in Delaware Chancery Court and Colorado federal and state courts, enabling the US$3 billion sale of EMSC to be completed.
- CIBC in Adelphia-related litigation involving fraud, aiding and abetting fraud and fraudulent conveyance claims.
- Bank of America in Enron-related litigation where American Electric Power asserted fraud and negligent misrepresentation claims. Obtained a judgment in excess of US$400 million on the client's claims against AEP.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1991
- BA, Georgetown University, 1988
- New York
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Member, New York City Bar
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Member, Defense Research Institute