Dr. Hans-Joachim Fritz advises on all issues on corporate restructuring, as well as litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Dr. Fritz renders advice to clients in classical industrial branches and in professional services.
As a certified specialist for commercial and corporate law as well as for employment law, Dr. Fritz gives support to major corporations in order to restructure the organization or reorganize business units. He advises on all matters of corporate governance (esp. director's liabilities, compensation issues, CSR). In addition, he is engaged in negotiating collective agreements with work councils and other staff's representatives.
Dr. Fritz also advises major corporations on international compliance issues, partly as an external compliance monitor. He also conducts internal investigations and negotiates with prosecutors and administrative bodies on corporate sanctions.
Before entering private practice, Dr. Fritz held positions in senior HR management, lastly as member of the board of a DAX 100 company. Prior to joining the firm, he was partner with two international German law firms.
- Multinational group of health care on the closure of a site in Germany; negotiations with works council regarding social compensation scheme and reconciliation of interests; representation in court proceedings (up to Federal Labor Court), excluding union’s participation.
- Group of medical devices on reduction-in-force partly with shifts of work force to non-domestic worksites including labor court litigation.
- Management board of a clinic group in concluding a company-related collective agreement about partial reduction of compensation as well as of time-limited company-related collective agreements (inter-alia continuing education and qualification).
- Private clinic group in relation to negotiations for a framework collective agreement as well as a wage collective agreement in terms of company-related collective agreements with the Deutscher Handels- und Industrieangestelltenverband.
- Publicly listed German real estate company on termination and settlement agreements with executives or board members esp. regarding the extent of discretionary earnings, post-contractual non-compete covenants, stock option programs; ad-hoc disclosures due to Securities Trading Act, press releases and reference letters.
- International corporation listed on the stock exchange (DAX) on the design of inter-company works constitution regarding remuneration, compensation of overtime and reporting paths to HR management.
- German branch of an international auditing and consultancy organization on the reduction of the workforce and corporate restructuring without general negotiations regarding any social compensation scheme.
- Global publishing company in the field of science, technology and medical science (STM) on professionals’ (legal counsels, doctors of medicine, veterinarians, and pharmacists) release from participating in statutory pension scheme.
- Global leading suppliers of robotics and plant and systems engineering in relation to professionals’ release from participating in statutory pension schemes with special respect to legal counsels.
- Germany's development agency for agribusiness on a legal review in relation to demands of newly established Supervisory Requirements for Institutions’ Remuneration Systems (“Institutsvergütungsverordnung” – InstVergVO) with special respect to risk takers.
Allowed to Do?” Seminar
- Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg
- London School of Economics And Political Science
- University of Manheim
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.
Member, American Bar Association, International Section
Member, Pacific Bar Association
Member, Employment Lawyers’ Association in Germany
Appointed Member, Committee for Admission on Certified Specialists for Commercial and Corporate Law, Frankfurt Bar
Elected Member, Commission on Corporate and European Legislative Matters, Federal Bar in Berlin/Brussels
Appointed Member, Group of Experts on Anti-Corruption, European Commission, Brussels