Amy Davenport works with clients to help them understand and navigate the complexities of the federal government to ensure that they achieve their public policy goals and objectives. She represents universities, local governments, education technology companies, and other private sector entities on a range of legislative and regulatory matters related to education, appropriations, federal research funding, cybersecurity, technology, and transportation issues. Ms. Davenport assists her clients in the development and implementation of comprehensive strategic plans and provides policy guidance on the impacts of federal policies on her clients’ work. She also identifies and pursues federal funding opportunities to support her clients’ research and development initiatives, infrastructure projects, and other services through competitive and discretionary grants.
Ms. Davenport serves on the Board of Directors for the DC Alliance of Youth Advocates (DCAYA), a coalition of more than a hundred youth-serving nonprofit organizations, advising the organization on its advocacy efforts to support the local youth population.
Before working in her current capacity in public policy, Ms. Davenport served as an intern for former US Senator George Voinovich (R-OH). Additionally, she gained valuable campaign experience while interning for US Senator Rob Portman (R-OH) at the Portman for Senate Committee.
- Association of universities in restoring millions of dollars in federal funding for a major NASA research project after it was at risk of being shut down during two appropriations cycles.
- Local government in securing millions of dollars in funding through the appropriations process to build a federal courthouse in the city.
- Education technology company in advocating for legislation regarding online identity verification that was introduced in the House.
- Higher Education Coalition in coordinating a large-scale lobbying day for more than 200 participants to advocate for higher education-related issues.
- BA, Miami University of Ohio
- *Not admitted to the practice of law
Board of Directors, DC Alliance of Youth Advocates (DCAYA)