Michael Bullerman has successfully represented a number of major corporations in patent litigation across a range of fields, including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and agriculture. He has participated in motions and complex trials before judges and juries; taking and defending fact depositions; drafting motions, complaints, answers and appellate briefs; and preparing expert witnesses. He has represented pharmaceutical companies throughout the dispute life cycle, and has significant experience advising pharmaceutical companies on breach-of-contract issues, particularly those involving intellectual property and trade secret issues.
Mr. Bullerman was a member of the litigation team that recently won affirmance in the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit of an earlier dismissal of US$1.28 billion in fraud and breach of contract claims against AstraZeneca AB in the case Verus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. AstraZeneca AB in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2006
- BA, Political Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- BS, Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- New York
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York Intellectual Property Bar Association