Jason Ben advises on all areas of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency-related matters. Mr. Ben has represented various parties in complex US and international financial restructurings, including both corporate debtors and secured lenders in Chapter 11 and out-of-court restructurings. Mr. Ben has also represented purchasers of distressed assets under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code, as well as landlords, suppliers, and other unsecured creditors in a variety of transactional and litigation-related aspects of the debtor-creditor relationship.
Mr. Ben received his JD from Southern University Law Center, where he was an Associate Editor of the Southern University Law Review and a Pupil Member of the Inns of Court.
- London-based hedge fund in turnover litigation involving massive Ponzi Scheme in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Several hedge funds in all aspects of the secondary loan trading market and the documentation of secondary trades on the standard terms and conditions promulgated by the Loan Syndication and Trading Association, Inc.
- Potential purchaser of major grocery chain proceeding in Chapter 11.
- Property-level lender in multibillion dollar real estate company bankruptcy proceeding in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Group of mezzanine lenders in the successful workout of approximately $600 million in debt that resulted in lenders receiving payment in full.
- Hedge fund in the purchase of large condominium development in Orlando, Florida out of a pending bankruptcy proceeding.
- Secured lender in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
- Joint venture development company in Chapter 11 proceedings in the US Bankruptcy Courts for the Central District of California and the Northern District of Illinois.
- Indenture trustee in the failed insolvencies of several bank holding companies.
- Indenture trustee in Chapter 11 proceedings in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Tier-1 automotive supplier that commenced parallel cross border insolvency proceedings in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and the United Kingdom.
- Tier-1 automotive supplier in its Chapter 11 proceedings in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Senior debt syndicate owed over $300 million claim in the separate Chapter 11 proceedings of related automotive suppliers in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Billion dollar car rental company in its cross-border restructuring in the United States and the United Kingdom that resulted in the sale of substantially all of the assets of the company.
- JD, Southern University Law Center, 2003, magna cum laude
- BS, Southern University and A&M College, 1999, cum laude
- New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Realtors
- Member, Chicago Association of Realtors