Tracy Belton focuses on mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of US and international public and private companies in various industries, including private equity, healthcare, pharmaceutical, real estate investment, consumer products, medical devices and defense.
Ms. Belton also has experience in securities matters, including initial and secondary public offerings and compliance with SEC, NASDAQ and NYSE reporting requirements. She also advises publicly held and private companies on a wide variety of corporate governance and day-to-day corporate as well as transactional matters.
In her pro bono practice, Ms. Belton represents tax-exempt organizations in day-to-day corporate and transactional matters. She also counsels clients on forming, dissolving and merging tax-exempt organizations.
Ms. Belton received her law degree from St. John's University School of Law, where she was an Executive Publications Editor for the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review.
- American Securities in the sale of portfolio company Robertson Fuel Systems LLC, a leading producer of auxiliary fuel systems for military rotorcraft, to HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. for US$255 million.
- Onex in its investment in Schumacher Group, a leading US provider of outsourced emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing, as well as healthcare advisory services, and subsequent acquisition by Schumacher Group of Hospital Physician Partners (HPP), the fourth largest US provider of emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing services.
- Five Oaks Investment, a mortgage real estate investment trust, in its initial public offering and four follow-on offerings, and in its ongoing Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("34 Act") filings.
- Skilled Healthcare Group in its definitive merger agreement with Genesis HealthCare, one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute care services, in a 100 percent stock transaction.
- Alcon in its acquisition of WaveTec Vision, a privately held company that developed the ORA System, the first commercialized intra-operative guidance system for cataract surgeons implanting intraocular lenses.
- TMS International, the largest provider of outsourced industrial services to steel mills in North America, in its initial public offering and subsequent 34 Act filings.
- Onex in its sale of The Warranty Group, Inc., a leading global provider of warranty solutions and related programs, to private equity firm TPG for an enterprise value of approximately US$1.5 billion.
- Sandoz in its US$1.525 billion acquisition of specialty dermatology generics company Fougera Pharmaceuticals from a consortium of private equity funds led by Nordic Capital, DLJ Merchant Banking (a Credit Suisse affiliate) and Avista Capital Partners.
- PhotoMedex, a Global Skin Health Solutions™ public company, in its merger with Radiancy, Inc.
- Harbinger Capital Partners in the acquisition of a 51.29% stake in Zapata Corporation, a public company.
- JD, St. John's University School of Law, 2007, cum laude
- BA, International Affairs, George Washington University, 2004, cum laude, with honors
- New York