Sylvia Becker is a retired partner whose practice concentrated on intellectual property litigation, including the representation of major pharmaceutical companies in complex patent cases. Ms. Becker is fluent in both German and French.
Earlier in her career, Ms. Becker was awarded the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship in Germany, during which she worked in the German Foreign Ministry, and in both trial-level and appellate courts responsible for intellectual property and competition cases. She was also awarded a Women's Law and Public Policy Fellowship in Washington, DC, where she served as staff attorney for the Women's Legal Defense Fund, working on employment discrimination and family law issues.
- JD/MSFS, Georgetown University Law Center, 1987, magna cum laude
- BSFS, Georgetown University, 1980, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States